Sunday, February 20, 2011

New Retreat Theme - Abiding Joy

I'm working on a new retreat theme that will be available for events this fall called "Abiding Joy." The messages are based upon Jesus' words in John 15.


In Verse 5, Jesus said,

"I am the vine, you are the branches. He who abides in Me, and I in him, bears much fruit; for without Me you can do nothing (NKJ)."

The Amplified Version describes abiding as "remaining in vital union with" Jesus.

Are you experiencing the joy that comes from remaining in vital union with Jesus? He is the life-sustaining Vine. And abiding means more than simply having a regular prayer time and being involved in a Bible study. It's a life filled with what I call Abiding Disciplines.

One of those disciplines is Abiding in God's ways. In John 15:9-11, Jesus said:

As the Father has loved me, so have I loved you. Now remain in my love. If you keep my commands, you will remain in my love, just as I have kept my Father's commands and remain in his love. I have told you this so that my joy may be in you and that your joy may be complete (emphasis added).

I'm excited about these new messages and the lessons God is impressing upon my heart as I study. I want to live each day in vital union with Jesus. And why is abiding so important? So His joy may be in us and our joy may be complete. He wants us to have abiding joy!


Joyfully studying...
Mindy

Copyright © 2011, Mindy Ferguson
All Rights Reserved

No comments:

Post a Comment